Take your brioche knitting to the next level! A companion to our Intro to Brioche class, you'll learn how to use two colors in your brioche work, as well as how to increase. Plus, who can resist this yummy colorful shawl? You'll need one in every color!
Note: you should be comfortable working straight in brioche in order to take this class.
2 skeins The Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze Thede
2 skeins Araucania Huasco Tonal
32" US 4 and 5 32" circular needles
Everyone works at their own individual pace. You may not finish the class project or technique during class time, but we give you the tools to move forward on your own.
- Students must pay a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the posted class fee at time of registration. The balance is due prior to class, but can be paid the day of class.
- All class registrations including the deposit must be received 7 days prior to the first class. If a minimum number of students is registered and there are still seats available, registration will continue up to the time of class.
- If class needs to be cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be notified at least 7 days before the first class. If an individual session needs to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. weather, instructor ill), you will be notified as soon as possible and that class will be rescheduled.
- If the minimum number of students does not register at least 7 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be applied to another class of the student’s choice.
- Class fees will not be refunded but can be applied to another class within three (3) months. Class fees are for classes only.
- We ask that any brand specific materials be purchased from the shop and you do not substitute. Please arrive to class at least 15 – 30 minutes early to purchase supplies if you have not already done so prior to class.
- Materials fees if any, including pattern, are in addition to the class fee and are paid directly to the instructor, correct change is always appreciated.
- Class handouts are for students who attend the class. Registrants who do not attend the class will not receive class handouts and copies are a violation of copyright law.
- Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
- For children’s classes, children must have the maturity level to sit through class and receive instruction. Children must be picked up within thirty minutes after class ends.
- All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet. The teacher will only be able to assist students without the prerequisite skills as time allows (this can be very limited). Please make sure you are comfortable with the prerequisite skills listed.
- If pre-work or homework is required for class, please make every effort to have it completed prior to class. Class time is scheduled based on the assumption that students will be ready to proceed from the point of the completed homework. If you need additional help, please visit the shop during regular business hours.
- Class Make-Ups: There are two designated class make-up sessions during the month. Should the student not be able to attend one of these class make-up sessions, the student will forfeit the missed class but will be able to schedule a private class with the instructor at the rate of $30/hour.
- The shop will provide a reasonable learning environment including a knowledgeable instructor, access to necessary supplies and an appropriate work area.
- A shop representative will make every effort to contact you if the class or a class session needs to be cancelled for any reason. You are always welcome to call the shop to confirm the class is being held if you have any doubts.